WHAT WE DO
We hold monthly business meetings and open public forums which often draw press coverage as our topics explore vital current issues; we develop resolutions and presentations to all levels of government; and our members support a variety of causes.
As we celebrate 101 years, the Niagara District Council of Women invites you to join our federation of 26 region-wide community groups as well as our individual members in our work to improve the quality of life for women, families and society in our region, province and country. BECOME A MEMBER.
FEDERATED MEMBER EVENTS
UPCOMING EVENTS :
Due to the COVID 19 restrictions all meetings until at least January 21st will be conducted over the internet on Zoom. We will let you know if this changes. You are invited to attend our monthly Zoom meetings by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Information please contact Gracia Janes at 905 468 2841 or visit our web site at ndcw.ca
January 20th 2021
Topic: Long term care for seniors. A crisis!
- What are the longstanding problems?
- What is the current Covid 19 situation?
- What actions must be taken?
Carol Dueck, Chair; Niagara 4 Long Term Care Advocacy Committee for Senior Care at Home
Betty Miller, Retired Registered Nurse & Chair Guardian angels;
Wayne Gates, Member of Provincial Parliament
February 17th 2021
Topic: Raising the Income Floor for those in Precarious Work and Poverty
Speaker: Simon Black, Assist. Professor Department of Labour Studies Brock University
March 17th 2021
April 21st 2021
Annual General Meeting
Topic: Welcoming New Canadians
Speaker: Citizenship Judge Rochelle Ivri
To empower all women to work together
towards improving the quality of life
for women, families and society
through a forum of member
organizations and individuals.
The Niagara District Council of Women is affiliated with the Provincial Council of Women of Ontario and the National Council of Women of Canada.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- September 11 Forum - Climate Change: We All Have A Role to Play
- October 9 Forum - Homelessness in Niagara: Community Solutions
- November 13 Forum - Anti-Racism, Anti-Oppression and Discrimination
- November 27 - PCWO Semi-Annual Meeting at Queen's Park
- December 11 - Membership Luncheon
- January 8 Forum - Youth Mental Health
- February 12 Forum - TBA
- March 11 - Resolutions Debate: NCWC and PCWO Policy Voting
- April 8 - Annual Dinner Meeting AGM
- May 13 - Spring Auction & Dessert Party
See our Events Page for details.