WHAT WE DO
We hold monthly business meetings and open public forums which often draw press coverage as our topics explore vital current issues; we develop resolutions and presentations to all levels of government; and our members support a variety of causes.
As we celebrate 101 years, the Niagara District Council of Women invites you to join our federation of 26 region-wide community groups as well as our individual members in our work to improve the quality of life for women, families and society in our region, province and country. BECOME A MEMBER.
FEDERATED MEMBER EVENTS
UPCOMING EVENTS :
Please note, due to the ongoing pandemic, all events have been postponed and new dates will be advised in line with provincial protocols on public gatherings.
- Wednesday March 11th
Topic: “RESOLUTIONS MEETING”
(National & Provincial Council of Women policy development)
- Wednesday April 8th
Topic: NDCW ANNUAL MEETING
6:00 p.m.(Antipasto’s Restaurant, 87 Hannover Drive ,St. Catharines)
Speaker, Citizenship Judge Rochelle Ivri , on “Women in Leadership: Welcoming New Canadians!”
- Wednesday May 13th 6p.m.
Topic: ANNUAL SPRING AUCTION’
(Location to be announced)
- November 13, 2019
Topic: Anti-Racism, Anti-Oppression and Discrimination
Speakers: Laura Ip; Nona Bader; Julie Rorison, Nyarayi Kapisavanhu
- December 11, 2019
Membership Luncheon, Mills Room
Topic: Child Poverty - Food4Kids Niagara
To empower all women to work together
towards improving the quality of life
for women, families and society
through a forum of member
organizations and individuals.
The Niagara District Council of Women is affiliated with the Provincial Council of Women of Ontario and the National Council of Women of Canada.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- September 11 Forum - Climate Change: We All Have A Role to Play
- October 9 Forum - Homelessness in Niagara: Community Solutions
- November 13 Forum - Anti-Racism, Anti-Oppression and Discrimination
- November 27 - PCWO Semi-Annual Meeting at Queen's Park
- December 11 - Membership Luncheon
- January 8 Forum - Youth Mental Health
- February 12 Forum - TBA
- March 11 - Resolutions Debate: NCWC and PCWO Policy Voting
- April 8 - Annual Dinner Meeting AGM
- May 13 - Spring Auction & Dessert Party
See our Events Page for details.