Throughout the Niagara District Council of Women’s one hundred years, members have worked toward improving conditions for the family, community and society in areas such as status of women, social development, environment, housing, education, justice, health and seniors’ issues.
Members of the Council of Women…
- Learn about community issues
- Share in their collective knowledge
- Identify emerging needs and raise public awareness
- Assess existing provincial and federal legislation, and develop remedial actions through the Provincial Council of Women of Ontario and National Council of Women of Canada resolution processes
- Lobby for progressive change at the local, provincial and national levels of government